There are five main components to achieve collective impact:
1. Common Agenda: Committing to a shared vision geared towards solving a specific, yet complex problem (that can’t be solved with a single sector approach)
2. Shared Measurement: Tracking progress towards the common agenda, often with an evaluation partner
3. Mutually Reinforcing Activities: Our partners often work towards creating circles of engagement, in which all youth in a given organization, school, district or city, have access to life-changing opportunities over a continuum of their lives.
4. Meaningful Community Engagement: Partners are committed to engaging with each other in a regular and ongoing manner
5. Backbone Organization: Brings together the partners and supports the overall direction of the work