Become a Member
Any individual or organization who is committed to expanding equitable access to the outdoors for underrepresented youth in California is welcome to join the California Outdoor Engagement Coalition. This means that you share and support our vision & mission and believe in our working commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (and are willing to share your input to refine and update this commitment).
Benefits of Membership
Engage with a Professional Network of Our Growing List of Members
- Have fun! :-)
- Join quarterly membership meetings or calls on relevant topics
- Keep up to date on news, events, job openings and opportunities related to outdoor engagement
- Build relationships with other people and organizations doing similar work
- Join us at various in-person convenings, including those focused on equity, diversity and inclusion, advocacy and outdoor gatherings
- Opt-in to join targeted email lists based on your location and interests (such as Bay Area, LA County, collective impact and BioBlitz)
- Share best practices with other members of the coalition
Expand Your Impact
- Participate in trainings and receive access to resources focused on issues most relevant to our work, such as funding opportunities and equity, diversity and inclusion trainings
- Open the door for partnership opportunities, such as a collective impact model in a local community, events like BioBlitzes and programs like Every Kid in a Park.
- Advocacy opportunities, such as signing onto advocacy letters and/or joining an advocacy day in Sacramento
Reach a Bigger Audience
- Share events, job listings, stories, photos and more with people through our social media, newsletters and website
- Opportunities to attend and present at relevant conferences and gatherings
In addition to your alignment with our vision, mission and commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion, you:
- (For organizations) Agree to share with us data once a year on the impact of your work in an easy online survey (because of our commitment to achieve collective impact). To get started, we just need to know how you currently measure your impact; for example, number of youth you reach a year or the impact of your program on graduation rates. As we flesh out our measurements with evaluation partners and members, we’ll keep you posted!
- Commitment to promote the work of the coalition and our members through social media and other relevant channels. No biggie...just share, like, retweet, etc, so that we can all connect more with one another.
- Each member organization has a main point of contact and at least one backup contact person (so that if an individual leaves an organization, we still have a point of contact)
Is there a fee to join?
Contact us at email@example.com